Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Grace!
You are a Grace -- "I need to understand the world."
Graces have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be independent, not clingy
- * Speak in a straightforward and brief manner
- * I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts
- * Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable
- * Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity
- * If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place
- * don't come on like a bulldozer
- * Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy
What I Like About Being a Grace
* standing back and viewing life objectively
* coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects
* my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure
* not being caught up in material possessions and status
* being calm in a crisis
What's Hard About Being a Grace
- * being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
- * feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
- * being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be
- * watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally
Graces as Children Often
- * spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on
- * have a few special friends rather than many
- * are very bright and curious and do well in school
- * have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers
- * watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information
- * assume a poker face in order not to look afraid
- * are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict
- * feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected
Graces as Parents
- * are often kind, perceptive, and devoted
- * are sometimes authoritarian and demanding
- * may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
- * may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions
Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy
The only thing that made me cringe instead of nod in agreement is that I may be intolerant of my children expressing strong emotions. Well, I had to cringe as I nodded in agreement. I'm not sure if "intolerant" is the right word (who likes to be told they're intolerant, anyhow?!? =) ) but I'm certainly uncomfortable and even at a loss at what to do about it at times. I do my best to validate her feelings ("Yes I understand that you're upset that you can't do __________ right now but Mommy said no.") and be firm at the same time but I'd rather run far away than deal with a tantrum in the grocery store. I want her to know it's ok to feel emotions but she needs to express them appropriately. Actually now that I've thought about it, I'd say I'm uncomfortable with ANYone expressing strong emotions. Whichever extreme they're at I generally try to talk them back to the middle. Or I reason with them in my head as to why they shouldn't feel so strongly.
Really, if you know me in person, every single thing on those lists up there is true about me. I feel exposed. =) *assumes a poker face in order not to look afraid*