Neen did this over here and it looked fun so I thought I'd do it too.
1. How long have you been a Mom? 1.5 years, not counting pregnancy.
2. How many children call you Mommy? One, and the other just kicks me in the ribs to get my attention.
3. Girl? Boy? or both? Girl and girl!
4. Did you know what you were having? Yes and both times I've wanted to find out. I like being able to pray for the child by name (once we settle on it) and talk to the big sister about her baby sister.
5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 24
6. How long were you in labor? Six or seven hours. I was induced (with cervidil only) and had a natural labor (I don't count the one dose of nubain because it took NO edge off for me, but did lower my climbing blood pressure (and thereby K's) which is why I took it in the first place.) I'm not necessarily committed to an all natural birth for this next baby; we'll have to see how things shape up. I'm a firm believer in doing what I feel is best for my baby and sometimes that means having a mom who isn't stressed out by gut-wrenching pain. In K's birth I know without a doubt it was best not to have an epidural, especially looking back. Every birth is different though!
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? Baby hugs and their sloppy kisses. Nursing while looking into their sweet, trusting eyes. Being there to see them experience the world for the first time. Looking down to see little arms stretched up to me, wanting to be held.
8. What’s your least favorite thing? Waking up at night. The ease at which I can be awakened (the mommy sense never sleeps!) Sick babies.
9. Do you want more kids? Yes please. At least two more.
10. Do you plan on having more soon? On or around the 23rd of January.
11. How many times have you been pee’d on? Just once, as I carried my naked kid in from the backyard to the bath and stopped to give her a drink of water on the way. Bad idea.
12. Barfed on? Been spit up on many times. K hasn't gotten sick with the flu yet so no "real" vomit yet.
13. Is your child named after anyone? K's middle name is sort of after my sister and Superman's maternal grandmother. It also happens to be the name of a dear, sweet friend of mine whom I happened to tell on the day we met that I wanted to name my future daughter her name. At the time I was just engaged and fortunately she did nothing but sweeten the name for me. =)
14. How did you come up with their name? After hours and hours of discussion spanning several months. Girls names are hard for us. Their names are basically among the handful of girl names on the face of the earth that neither of us had a problem with. Heaven help us if we have another girl.
15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? The child is! Duh! We both can be the bad guy as parents. We try to stand by the other's decision and present a unified front so there is no running to mommy/daddy to escape.
16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? Overnight, just this past month.
17. Bedtime routine? Bath (with daddy when he's home), brush teeth, comb hair, read a book (or two), rock with mommy and then bedtime.
18. Are your toes painted? No. But they were last week.
19. Last movie you saw in the theater? WALL-E, without the baby.
20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? My identity as a wife and other interests I had before kids. I hope to share my loves and interests with my kids as they get older.
21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: Peeing alone. (This was Neen's answer and it's so good and so true I'm leaving it!)
22. Best Mom perk: Laughing with my kid(s).
23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? K and I usually snack on the same things.
24. When the kid is napping, you are: Taking a timed nap or quiet time, doing finances on the computer, washing dishes, doing my Bible study, reading blogs.
25. Where is your child(ren) now? Finally asleep after using the crib as a trampoline.
26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Old Navy.
27. If I could do it over… I would have had central air and heat before having kids.
28. Did it turn out the way you expected? More or less. But I've got a long way to go!