Feel free to add your own. Remember, the changes have to have occurred within your own lifetime. This is something that only our/your generation will be able to say.
I remember when...
- The only way to roast a marshmallow was with a wire coat hanger.
- None of my friends had a computer at home and when our family got one it was only because my dad worked for Hewlett Packard. The colors on the screen were black and green and gray.
- All telephones were wired to the base.
- Pagers were popular and the cool kids in high school not only had their own pagers but they knew pager code too.
- We could walk the traveler to the gate at the airport or wait at the gate to meet them as they came off the airplane without having to be a ticketed passenger ourselves.
- We kept paper maps in the car and used them to navigate our route.
- No one owned a cell phone.
- You had to lick stamps.
- I didn't have to wear a helmet when riding my bike (this varies by state.)